Wanted: audit & accounting technical writer at Croner-i
6 Nov 2020
Croner-i has an exciting opportunity for an audit & accounting technical writer to join our lively team on a flexible, home-working basis
6 Nov 2020
This is an ideal role for someone with strong technical accounting and audit knowledge, excellent writing skills and a keen interest in media/publishing. The salary is in the range of £45,000 - £55,000 plus benefits, with full time or part-time (up to four days a week) available.
Croner-i is a leader in knowledge and content for the Accountancy, Compliance, HR and Health & Safety sectors. The Group is constantly expanding through a combination of organic growth and acquisition both in its home markets and internationally. Our consistent focus on client satisfaction continues, driven by the excellence of our people.
The job application expires on 28 December 2020.
The A&A technical writer team are responsible for writing and reviewing content for the A&A segment within Croner-i. They work with the Product, Sales, IT and Editorial teams to innovate the way that content is delivered to maximise the value to our clients. The team also deliver technical and product training for eCPD modules and in person to key clients and are expected to be active members of external technical committees, for example at ICAEW.
The team are looking for a technically strong ACA candidate to take responsibility for authoring and updating A&A products and assist with the transformation of content to facilitate its use online. The post holder will maintain constant vigilance to ensure that Croner-i is aware of all new content developments such as changes in standards or legislation.
Day to day responsibilities
Research and do authoring update work on the A&A products as appropriate for the candidate’s expertise and the roles of other team members. This could include:
- commentary and analysis online guides;
- tools including audit programmes, model accounts & disclosure checklists;
- online and events training materials (recording audio, preparing slides and notes);
- contributing articles for news updates, Accountancy Daily and social media to raise external profile;
- UK GAAP and IFRS presentation, measurement and disclosure;
- company law and corporate governance; and
- practice management guides and tools.
We work with a number of expert authors and panel members in practice so the role would also involve discussing technical updates with them and assisting the content manager with reviewing externally produced authoring work.
Giving clear instructions to editorial/production support teams and reviewing output/proofs within tight publishing deadlines.
Provide insight and leadership to other team members maintaining accounting/auditing standards and company legislation on Croner-i Tax and Accounting platform to ensure that:
- prospective amendments are turned into effective amendments at the appropriate time;
- links point to the correct/up to date versions of standards; and
- new content is added when needed.
- Assist the client experience and sales teams with product queries and training.
- Assist the Content Manager and team with transforming our content from legacy print formats to online, the online publishing process and indexing/thesaurus work.
What you bring to the team
- Qualified ACA
- Experience of working within an accounting practice environment, typically within the audit function
- Professional knowledge of and strong technical grounding in the areas of auditing and IFRS and UK GAAP accounting
- A working knowledge of more specialist areas and sectors such as money laundering, Solicitors Accounts Rules, housing associations, pensions, charities and academies would be useful
- Proven writing skills, including the ability to convey complex themes in an accessible way to a variety of audiences with varying levels of expertise
- Strong excel, word and IT skills
- Interest in media/publishing
- Confident in helping clients
- Superb teamwork and communication
- £45,000 - £55,000 salary
- Company profit share (non-contractual)
- Company pension
- Onsite gym
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Insurance
- Fantastic working environment
- Personal development
This is a fantastic multi award-winning place to work and a friendly, highly motivated and hard-working team. This role should appeal if you enjoy being exposed to a wide variety of technical developments and would like the satisfaction of seeing your work published to help serve our clients’ needs.
Our work is fast-paced and busy so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude. Through on-the-job coaching and experience, as well as providing training and development, we make sure that everyone who works here has the resources they need to build their careers.