Dealing with employee benefits under the new UK GAAP is the subject of this month’s CPD module as our expert Ralph Tiffin focuses on the new approach under Section 28, Employee Benefits of FRS 102
This module focuses on the treatment of employee benefits under Section 28 of the new UK GAAP - FRS 102, Financial Reporting Standard applicable in the UK and Ireland.
This CPD module focuses on the treatment of employee benefits under new Section 28 accounting rules, highlighting the differences between old UK GAAP arrangements and how to apply the new accounting standard, effective 1 January 2015.
By completing this module you will be able to:
- Understand the key requirements of Section 28, Employee Benefits;
- How to report short-term employee benefits, post-employment benefits, other long-term benefits and termination benefits, under FR 102.
- Insight into how the new standard differs from old UK GAAP;
- Outline the accounting requirements, including the change in requirements to accrue holiday pay accurately; and
- Overview of disclosure requirements.
This 15-minute module can be tracked on Your CPD Tracker to keep a personal record of your learning.
The lecturer is Ralph Tiffin, BSc FCA AMIMechE, a principal at McLachlan+Tiffin, chartered accountants and auditors. He is also a consultant to companies in the UK and overseas on subjects ranging from project appraisal, applying International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), budgetary control systems through to fraud prevention.
Ensure you are logged in to your account to keep up-to-date with your CPD.