BEIS to hold webinar on accounting and audit requirements post-Brexit
The Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) is to hold a webinar on Tuesday 19 March at midday informing businesses of accounting and audit changes and how to operate legally in the EU in the event of a no deal Brexit
15 Mar 2019
This webinar is part of a Preparing for Brexit series delivered by BEIS, designed to help businesses to ready themselves in the event of the UK leaving the EU on Friday 29 March 2019 without a deal.
This webinar will cover:
- operating legally in the EU;
- cross-border mergers; and
- accounting and auditing requirements.
When the UK leaves the EU the way businesses both offer services in the EU and operate will change. UK businesses will need to ensure they understand and are prepared for these changes.
The webinar will consist of a 40-minute presentation, followed by a 20-minute Q&A session. The speakers include:
- Jessica Blakely, deputy director, Europe directorate, BEIS
- Paul Smith, corporate frameworks, accountability and governance team, BEIS
- Seema Jamil-O’Neill, head of accounting and reporting policy, BEIS
Other upcoming webinars in the series include: Preparing for Brexit: Intellectual Property which will cover trademarks, copyrights and patents.
Report by Amy Austin